Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Jordan!

It was Jordan's 30th birthday yesterday! We didn't do much for the day of. We both worked long days and came home and both of us needed alone time. We talked about our day and how it was busy and some what stressful. More so for Jordan then me. We went back to Twin to get some food and then came back to watch Kong Fu Panda! It was great to hear Jordan laugh. To forget about work and to spend time together which we really didn't get to do all week.
Now that may sound like a boring birthday but I did do a surprise for him on Tuesday. Stan and Cathy took us to dinner at Canyon Crest that evening. It was a really nice place to spend with loved ones. Cooper was even there to enjoy our evening. After dinner Jordan and I went to rent Kong Fu Panda to watch. But when we got home to Jordan's surprise there were a lot of cars in front of our house! We came in and all of Jordan's close friends were there. We had his high school buddies and their families and then there were his golfing buddies and their wives (which that includes my boss as one of the golfing buddies). Then of course we had Stan, Cathy and Cooper and Wade and Terra from work. It was really nice to have the house full of people who make a difference in our lives.
It wasn't easy to keep it a secret from Jordan and to sneak around. He knew something was up but didn't know what. I lost sleep over it and probably more sleep if I didn't have help from his parents, Tracy, Matt and Wade. Thank you so much. Well, I do have pictures but they are on Tracy's camera. Once I get them I will post them.
Thanks again for the ones who helped out and came and made a fun night! I had fun and so did my 30 year old husband!!! We are no longer in same decade age nor will we be for quite some time.

4 comments:

christy said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!!!

Bingham Family said...

That sounds like a ton of fun heather!!! I'm glad you were able to pull it off! I can't believe how old everyone I know is getting! I still feel like i should be in high school, and yet i'm married and have an almost 1 year old!! Where does the time go???

Mary Clark said...

You are such a good wife for throwing a surprise party for Jordan. Im sure he was thrilled to have all the people there to help him celebrate. Hope he had a great birhtday

Janell said...

Happy birthday, Jordan! It sounds like you had a fun week.